|Phoebe and Her Unicorn: A Heavenly Nostrils Chronicle|
|Published on||September 4, 2014|
|Published by||Andrews McMeel Publishing|
|none||Unicorn on a Roll|
Phoebe and Her Unicorn: A Heavenly Nostrils Chronicle is the first book published with comic strips from Phoebe and Her Unicorn, written and drawn by Dana Simpson. It was published by Andrews McMeel Publishing under their AMP! Comics for Kids imprint and released on September 4, 2014.
All comics are in full color and cover from the first eight months of the comic's history, with some minor changes in wording or the artwork. Changes are listed in the Notes section for each day's comic, but a few of the major changes are listed here:
- The Tuesday, June 10, 2012 comic was not included since it is a reference to the movie The Godfather, specifically the scene where the person wakes up to find a horse's head in their bed.
- The reference to Moby in the Wednesday, July 11, 2012 comic was changed to Lex Luthor, making it match the reference from the following week on July 18 (pages 85 and 92 of the book).
- The first two panels on page 128 are missing the drawings of Marigold on the pad sitting on the easel from the Thursday, August 23, 2012 comic. (Reported to Dana Simpson and should be corrected in the third printing of this book.)
- The Friday, November 9, 2012 comic was rearranged to fit a square frame. This also required drawing Marigold's tail differently.
- Introduction by Peter S. Beagle, author of The Last Unicorn, the book that inspired the creation of Marigold and Phoebe and Her Unicorn.
- Full color comics from the first eight months of the publication (April 22, 2012 through November 18, 2012).
- Two pages with directions on how to draw Marigold and Phoebe. Versions can be seen on Dana Simpson's deviantArt page (for Marigold and Phoebe) and can also be downloaded from the book's page on the AMP! Comics for Kids website.
- Directions on how to make a Marigold stick puppet.
- Directions on how to make an animated flip book and a comic strip. The second can also be downloaded from the book's page on the AMP! Comics for Kids website.
- A recipe for Unicorn Slumber Party Snack Mix.
- Fun Things To Know About Unicorns.
Back cover description Edit
Do you believe in unicorns? Phoebe does. She has no choice. One day she skipped a rock across a pond, and hit a unicorn in the face. Improbably, this resulted in a lasting friendship between Phoebe and the unicorn, one Marigold Heavenly Nostrils.
Come along for the unicorn ride with Phoebe, as she deals with the usual burdens of childhood (cruel classmates, gym class, piano lessons) and also some unusual ones (magic hair, candy-breathing dragons, and the legendary Shield of Boringness).
Can a precocious little girl and a self-absorbed mythical forest creature find common ground? Indeed they can, and that's how Phoebe and Her Unicorn unfolds.
Purchasing options Edit
United States Edit
- Purchase from Amazon
- Purchase from Barnes & Noble
- Purchase from IndieBound (site that finds local independent retailers that sell books)
- Purchase from Walmart — Paperback
- Purchase from Walmart — Prebound (hardback/bound for schools and libraries)
UK and Europe Edit
Also available in E-Book format. Versions available are listed on the Andrews McMeel Publishing page for the book.
- Official website at AMP! Comics for Kids.
- A PDF with a sample from the book can be downloaded from the Andrews McMeel Publishing website that also contains a description of the series. The cover, the first 20 comic strips and the advertisement for other books published by AMP! Comics for Kids are included in the sample.